Monday, March 17, 2014

Old Ladies Raiding: Mogu'shan Vaults

     This Saturday our fearless leader Matty guided us into our first Pandaria Raid. Mogu'shan Vaults. Rothorin got to fill in for Tyl for a while since a second tank seemed like it would be handy. I tried really hard to remember how to Brewmaster. Between that and Rothorin's subpar and ungemmed gear I'm afraid he kept the healers on their toes. But they kept him up (aside from those learning experience wipes that we're so good at laughing off.)
     Then we got a real tank so Rothorin went heals. It took me a bit to switch gears. Rothorin spent a little bit trying to remember that 'okay we're no longer tossing beer around, setting stuff on fire and kicking all the things'  And his gear's still not as good as Tai's so even after I remembered what I was doing he didn't do nearly as well as Tai would have. So it's probably just as well that for the last boss a bit more dps was needed and we had two very capable healers so Tyl got to come back in. He'd have been sad to miss out on the screenshot anyhow.
     It was so much fun, I was ridiculously proud of us by the time we left the raid. We did a normal mode! We wiped some but we did what Old Ladies do best: laughed, dusted ourselves off and hit it harder the next time. I hope we'll try more of them! Sadly I didn't get to stick around for Blackwing Descent, real life called. But wow did I ever have fun!

4 comments:

  1. It was great fun, and only Matty could manage to get me in a raid, lol. And it helps when Neo's there as I always think he's got magical explaining of all things powers. Go Old Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did well.:D Between Matty's mystical powers of coordination and Neo's explaining I was really proud and I hope we try some more of them. :)

      Delete
  2. We rock - perhaps this is the secret - one nice young man who knows the fights, a bunch of ladies who don't take no for an answer, and all of us willing to try simply because we are together! Good stuff, and always glad you're there, and always back you up for the real life calling, too! I know all about that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is the secret, it certainly seems to work in any case. It definitely makes my week when I can make it and when we do something that I'd only dreamed of accomplishing before. I do think our raids are some of the most fun I've had in the game.
      I just wish real life would call me less often on Saturdays. ;)

      Delete